We put together 5 simple activities for you to do with your daughter when planning father-daughter time.
Why is 1-on-1 time with your daughter important?
Kids look up to their parents so by planning healthy or meaningful activities together, she will learn to prioritize quality time and build healthy habits in her own life. Suggest fun activities that allow you to engage with one another will build trust and open communication for when life throws them curveballs and they need someone to talk to. For example, shoot hoops together as opposed to watching a movie.
Top 5 Activity Suggestions
1. When it’s Raining Out: Find a local indoor playground that offers a variety of activities for you both. Hint- We might know of a good one!
2. When it’s Nice Out: Plan a Scavenger hunt or do a short kid-friendly hike
3. Your Teen or Tween: Suggest a sporting event that allows you to cheer for your favourite teams, and discuss what she liked or disliked on the way home.
4. Your Toddler: Make her favourite thing, your favourite thing! If it’s Frozen, dress up as Olaf, watch Frozen together, make a Frozen themed craft, ask her about Frozen all night long!
5. Your Picky Daughter: Have a YES night. Within reason, let her choose the activities. Set a budget and let her choose how you’re going to spend your time together. You might also learn something new or interesting about her by doing this!
The Proof is in the Pudding
We have seen our Family Membership encourage more father-daughter play dates than ever before and witness increased communication, laughter and encouragement between fathers and their girls. Plan a few activity nights with your daughter this month and let us know what you did, how it went, and anything you learned about the process of connecting with your daughter.