We’re OPEN for drop-in play!
drop-in play faq’s during covid-19
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In compliance with The Government of Alberta health and safety regulations we are open for drop-in play.
Please review the FAQ’s and then email us if you still have questions.
We anticipate a high volume of requests and ask for your patience as we respond to all guests.
General Admission FAQ
When are you open?
We will be open for drop-in play time on the evenings and weekends starting Friday, June 26. Summer campers will have exclusive access to our facility Monday-Friday daytime hours. Visit our HOURS page for more information.
I saw there is a new waiver, do I need to fill it out if I already have a waiver?
Everyone will need to complete our new waiver before their next visit to InjaNation. This new waiver outlines the health risks associated with COVID-19 & an agreement that you’ve watched our safety video prior to your play time.
How will the InjaNation drop-in experience be different this summer?
- Less than 30% previous capacity, we suggest booking online in advance
- Social distancing markers will line the floor and play areas for guests to follow
- Increased cleaning protocol have been put in place
- Select obstacles will be closed to maintain proper social distancing
- Teen Night is temporarily suspended
- Our hours of operation have changed
Which obstacles will be closed this summer to maintain proper social distancing?
- Foam pits
- Select climbing obstacles
- Free toddler play area
Are you booking birthday parties?
We are booking birthday parties in limited quantities.
You may book online or contact our bookings department at 587-353-4652 | firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
Our catering and food services will not be available for party bookings this summer, and outside food is permitted.
Do spectators have to pay?
Spectators do not have to pay, however seating and observation space is limited to maintain proper social distancing. We recommend bringing your activewear and joining in on the fun!
What precautions are you taking to prevent illness?
• Mandatory daily temperature checks and health screening for staff along with proper PPE equipment
• Increased cleaning protocol with dedicated staff member for all equipment, washrooms and high touch areas
• Numerous hand washing and sanitization stations for guests
• New minimized capacity will be less than 30% previous capacity
• Floor markers throughout facility to maintain proper social distancing
Is my membership still valid?
All members should have received an email updating them on the status of their membership and it’s new expiry date. Any additional time remaining on your membership as of March 15 will be active again starting June 26. If you have more questions regarding your membership, please contact our booking department email@example.com.
Will the café be open for food and drinks?
There will be no food or drink services offered this summer. We encourage you to bring your own water bottle to refill at one of our water fountains.
I have expired promotional cards, will you accept them?
We will accept any promotional cards that expired March 31, 2020 or later.
We’re in this together!
Didn’t find an answer to your question? Email us!